Naan Avan Illai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banned Nayan speaks out

Go down

Banned Nayan speaks out Empty Banned Nayan speaks out

Post by Maya Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Nayantara, who was issued a red card by the Tamil Film Producers Council and the South India Film Actors Association on Wednesday, has reportedly said she was ready to face it.
The actress was issued a ban at a joint meeting of the two bodies following a complaint lodged by Subash Chandra Bose, the producer of Paiyya.

The extreme step was taken as Nayantara refused to return the advance amount she had received for Paiyya. The film being directed by Lingusamy was supposed to star Nayantara in the lead role and she was booked for a whopping remuneration of Rs one crore.

However the producers citing global economic meltdown urged her to waive off a part of her salary. It resulted in allegations and counter allegations and eventually Nayantara was shown the exit door.

She was replaced by Tamannah. On the ban, she reportedly said, ‘this is injustice and I never told Lingusamy that I am opting out of the film. I had received an amount of Rs 20 lakh from him as advance for Paiyya and given dates from September 2008. The decision was taken without consulting me.’

Nayantara, who is currently shooting for a Telugu film ,said, ‘I asked Nadigar Sangam for help to sort out this matter and now they have also turned against me’.

Interestingly, the ban may not have any impact on Nayantara for she has reportedly committed movies in other languages and busy with them till the end of this year.

However, the Producers Council has said in its statement that it would request the producers associations in other languages to cooperate with them and not sign Nayantara for any further films.

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 5106
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down