Naan Avan Illai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Naan Kadavul' – The Aghori adherent

2 posters

Go down

'Naan Kadavul' – The Aghori adherent Empty 'Naan Kadavul' – The Aghori adherent

Post by Revathi Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:43 am

'Naan Kadavul' – The Aghori adherent Naan0810
Bala's next 'Naan Kadavul' has spellbound the spectators who watched the promo videos. The trailer had a robust Sadhu like Arya, who's menacing and disparate with his vicious pantomime. Seemingly inspired by the Aghori adherents of Varanasi, Bala have touched a subject which no filmmaker might dare to, in Tamil cinema.
Aghori in Sanskrit meaning ‘Non-terrifying’ is the long lost tribe of Sadhus who are ardent devotees of Shiva and live a challenging life against all odds of the real world. Their dwelling places are often in cremation grounds which is also said to be Shiva’s pious land. Powdering themselves with ashes and consuming drugs are a part of their rituals. The people reach an edge of human life, when they consume the flesh of their dead fellow Sadhus.
Apart from this, the term 'Aham Brahmasmi' in Sanskrit stands for 'I am god' with 'I' comprising of the entire universe, its elements and themselves. Bala has done his homework with utmost effort to bring out such trivial details before naming his movie and the tag line. His extensive study on the life of 'Aghori' tribe is evident from the trailers and snapshots of 'Naan Kadavul' that poses Arya powdered with Ash and roaming around crematory areas.
The protagonist consuming his dead lover's corpse in the end is a typical ritual of the Aghori people which may or may not go well along the audience for its raw theme. Bala does have an alternate ending as per latest reports. On the whole, this talented director is making a big leap in Tamil cinema which might turn many heads for sure.
Revathi
Revathi
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 1680
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

'Naan Kadavul' – The Aghori adherent Empty Re: 'Naan Kadavul' – The Aghori adherent

Post by Maya Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:58 am

i m not going to watch this movie. sure pening kepala

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 5106
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

'Naan Kadavul' – The Aghori adherent Empty Re: 'Naan Kadavul' – The Aghori adherent

Post by Revathi Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:59 am

Am waiting to watch. well gives me an oppotunity to learn another exixting tribe.
Revathi
Revathi
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:01 am

is this a real story?

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Revathi Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:04 am

i am not sure abt that. but this movie is a abt a tribe that actually exist n not many knows abt them. it cud also be fear of nearing them. Well lets watch to know how it is. Well I beleive Bala will not let us down as he's other movies were all hit
Revathi
Revathi
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 am

oh ok, btw, r u going to india for vacation or cari mapilai la?

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Revathi Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:12 am

wei m'sia still hav alot of mappilai la. y wanna go india. if i wan overseas mappilai i'd ratehr go for black americans or swiss guys. am goin for my peripa & perimas 60th wedding annivesary n then goin on a tour.
Revathi
Revathi
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:14 am

ok...ok... jgn merajuk. i was juz joking.. geek

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:32 am

Revathi wrote: if i wan overseas mappilai i'd ratehr go for black americans or swiss guys.

black american? aiyo..aiyo...

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Revathi Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:36 am

y...y....? they're also human.
Revathi
Revathi
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down