Naan Avan Illai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US honors Ambiga

2 posters

Go down

US honors Ambiga Empty US honors Ambiga

Post by kuttygal Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm

PETALING JAYA: Bar Council president Datuk Ambiga Sreenevasan, who was honoured by the United States for her advocacy of women’s and human rights, hopes her experiences will inspire others, especially Malaysian women.
Her courage and leadership garnered her the prestigious Secretary of State’s International Women of Courage 2009 award in conjunction with International Women’s Day.
“This award has given us the opportunity, which we would not otherwise have had, to share our stories, our successes, our failures, to reach out across our borders and establish a base upon which we can build a meaningful network of support.
“These stories must be told in all our countries,” Ambiga said during her speech in Washington D.C. on Wednesday, when she received the award.
Ambiga, one of eight women from around the world honoured for women’s and human rights advocacy in their homeland, was also given the honour of representing the others in a speech before US First Lady Michelle Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Ambiga said Clinton had inspired women around the world to “reach great heights” when she was First Lady and later a US Senator.
Clinton, in her speech, lauded Ambiga for pursuing judicial reform and good governance, standing up for religious tolerance, and resolutely advocating women’s equality and their full political participation.
The seven other women honoured at the ceremony were from Russia, Uzbekistan, Niger, Yemen, Guatemala, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Woohooo..way to go Ambiga!! Very Happy
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

US honors Ambiga Empty Re: US honors Ambiga

Post by Maya Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:14 pm

old news ler... i read it abt 1 or 2 weeks back.

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 5106
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by kuttygal Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:22 pm

fyi for others la..
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 pm

it would be good if the news posted are less than a day old. anything more than that is considered Cerita sudah basi ler...

Back to top Go down

Post by kuttygal Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:40 pm

security hazzard wrote:it would be good if the news posted are less than a day old. anything more than that is considered Cerita sudah basi ler...

ok..but did u knw bout tis?
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:25 pm

i read thestar and nst website sharp 8am everyday....on top of the i check out CCN, BBC, thestar.com international and couple of other sites for information...every single day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum