Naan Avan Illai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An urgent need to top up blood supply

2 posters

Go down

An urgent need to top up blood supply Empty An urgent need to top up blood supply

Post by Maya Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:41 am

PETALING JAYA: The National Blood Centre needs more blood because there is an increase in usage of its supply.
The centre’s medical officer, Dr Yusma Asni, said while its blood donation target was 300 to 400 pints per day, it was supplying about 400 pints of blood daily to government and private hospitals.
"Stock is on the lower side. We need to buck up," she said, referring to the centre’s blood donation drives.
"There has been increased demand from private hospitals," she added. She said foreigners were also encouraged to donate blood.
"But they must be in Malaysia for one year or more. This is to give us enough time to detect possible infections," she said.
Dr Yusma encouraged more people to come forward to donate blood and more organisations to help organise blood donation campaigns.
The centre is currently organising a blood donation campaign that will last until Sunday. A drive was held on Dec 30-31 at the mosque foyer of the International Islamic University Malaysia in Gombak.
On New Year’s eve, two drives were held at the Putrajaya Road Transport Department’s multi-purpose hall and the Kuala Lumpur Hospital’s lobby.
Today, Mara is holding a donation drive in Kg Pandan from 9am to 4pm.
The Cheras Perdana Chinese Friendship Association is organising another drive on Sunday, from 10am to 3.30pm, at the Cheras Perdana Rukun Tetangga premises.

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 5106
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

An urgent need to top up blood supply Empty Re: An urgent need to top up blood supply

Post by Maya Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:12 am

sh, ur blood is required.

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

An urgent need to top up blood supply Empty Re: An urgent need to top up blood supply

Post by Guest Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:43 pm

solly la. based on latest statistics study the blood is mainly used by the malays aka natans. the percentage is about 70% which in my calculation is very high. i rather donate to a pacat aka lintah than to give them for free.

They want then buy la ..... satu (one) ml (milleliter) is RM1,000,000 (satu juta Ringgit) ok?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:49 am

well, atleast i know i have a fren who is a blood donor. hehehehe.....who knows, i may need it one day:D

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:45 am

mine is B+ (B positive). so should anyone be in need then do gimme a PM or post it. sure to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:25 pm

balik balik PM. i know u like that post very much.

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:09 am

paham paham ler.!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by sivagsc Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:28 am

donate blood is good for health and other then that 4 ur karma, no matter d person is malay , chaniese , indian or others but they are human. Blood juz hv group and d color is red. Who know one day U need d blood N that time u nv get blood at all, On that time lets say one malay come forward to gv u blood, what u will say to d person ? "u r my GOD " m i rite ! even u nv say like that but ur heart will say like that. so if can pls donate blood and is more good is sign up for donate your organ. Every year i donate my blood and i already sign up for donate my organ . I already did , when u all ?

sivagsc
Newbies
Newbies

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 am

no further comments from me.

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down