Naan Avan Illai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abdullah: ‘Anyone can be PM’

4 posters

Go down

Abdullah: ‘Anyone can be PM’ Empty Abdullah: ‘Anyone can be PM’

Post by Priya Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:13 pm

PUTRAJAYA: It is possible for anyone from a minority group to be a nation’s leader, even in Malaysia, says Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Badawi.
“It is up to the people to decide, just as the Americans had done through the democratic process,” he said while extending his congratulations to Senator Barack Obama.
Reporters had asked him in the Parliament lobby yesterday if it were possible for a person from a minority group to become Prime Minister in Malaysia.
Abdullah hoped Obama would bring positive changes to world affairs, as the United States had great influence on international issues and the conduct of international relations.
Abdullah said the most immediate attention Obama should focus on was the US economic crisis.
The premier also hoped Obama would be fair in his dealings with all people, including Muslim groups.
Abdullah called for a new era of friendlier relations between Malaysia and the United States based on mutual respect.
Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim said in a statement that Malaysia looked forward to enhancing the present good relations and promoting new initiatives to further boost the bilateral relations.
He said Malaysia hoped the Obama administration would give deserving attention to developing nations in the context of humanity, development and bilateral relations.
International Trade and Industry Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin pinned his hopes on Obama liberalising the US economy and paying more attention to smaller countries like Malaysia.
Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad urged Obama to get to know other countries well.
“We noticed that (US President George W.) Bush knew nothing about the rest of the world and many American investors do not know enough about the East, where all the action is going to be,” said Dr Mahathir in an interview with Al Jazeera yesterday.
Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim said: “I call on him to immediately act on the need to engage with all quarters and to try first to withdraw from Iraq.”
Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng said Americans had made an “inspiring” choice in picking Obama.
PAS spiritual adviser Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat reasoned Obama’s victory was a “victory of sorts” for Islam because Islam did not differentiate between race or creed.
“That is why Obama’s victory is groundbreaking. It also proves there is no such thing as the superior race of the Caucasian. Everybody shares equality in Islam,” he said.
Priya
Priya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Abdullah: ‘Anyone can be PM’ Empty Re: Abdullah: ‘Anyone can be PM’

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:43 pm

due to alot of public request and undeniable amount of support....

i hereby would like to recommend..... hehehe...

myself for the position of PM. Polla will be the DPM. KK will be kementerian dalam negeri.

Back to top Go down

Post by Revathi Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:28 am

Pls the least person I wud wanna c as PM here wud be u....cant imagine all sort of insulting things coming out from ur mouth which might cos bigger prob in the country.
Revathi
Revathi
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 1680
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:05 pm

security hazzard wrote:due to alot of public request and undeniable amount of support....

i hereby would like to recommend..... hehehe...

myself for the position of PM. Polla will be the DPM. KK will be kementerian dalam negeri.

KK? hmmm... batang hidung pun tak nampak in NAI.

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 5106
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:09 pm

thats the whole idea....of becoming ministers...u ingat dia nak tunjuk kat u batang hidung dan lain lain?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:36 pm

arrrrggh... if i get 2cu, i will punch ur mouth max. Evil or Very Mad

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Priya Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:53 pm

maya... ganasnya u.
Priya
Priya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:36 pm

Maya wrote:arrrrggh... if i get 2cu, i will punch ur mouth max. Evil or Very Mad

well i typed the words....did not speak it...any jalan....all the best trying...

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:11 pm

Priya wrote:maya... ganasnya u.

yes i am. dun make me angry...u wudnt like me when i m angry coz i will turn green alien

come on la... i have nothing against him so y shud i do that to him? saja main main la Very Happy

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Maya wrote:
Priya wrote:maya... ganasnya u.

yes i am. dun make me angry...u wudnt like me when i m angry coz i will turn green alien

come on la... i have nothing against him so y shud i do that to him? saja main main la Very Happy

what makes u think i care whether u turn green ka (Maybe too much bacteria or algae) or Purple (Barney) or Pink or white....???

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:00 am

fyi, pink is barbie doll n white is snow white

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollathavan Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Hah! Anyone can become a Prime Minister???? Screw you Mr.Prime Minister. The next thing we will see is that 1000 mara jungle students will be marching in the country with banners saying " UMNO IS MALAY " " MALAY ARE THE RULERS OF THIS COUNTRY " followed by Hishamudin showing his "KERIS" and Khairy fighting for PM post! Damn it!
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down