Naan Avan Illai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balik kampung rush badly hit as pumps run dry in KL

Go down

Balik kampung rush badly hit as pumps run dry in KL Empty Balik kampung rush badly hit as pumps run dry in KL

Post by Pollathavan Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:23 am

PETALING JAYA: The balik kampung rush for Hari Raya turned chaotic in the Klang Valley as many motorists who wanted to fill up their tanks were faced with “out of stock” signs at pumps.
The petrol stations that ran dry were mostly Shell stations but some motorists also complained that several BHP stations here had run out of supply citing “computer glitches” and pump problems.
An operator of a petrol station in Kuala Lumpur said if there is no fresh supply soon, he may have to stop operating by today.
Although most cases were reported in the Klang Valley, there was a report from Johor Baru of at least one Shell station running out of supply. There was no shortage at Petronas stations and other petrol stations.
The shortage in supply is believed to be linked to the recent 10sen reduction in petrol as dealers hedged their bets by keeping little stock.
The surge in demand by motorists returning to their hometowns made matters worse.
A Shell station proprietor here said he had to shut down two pumps as the company had not sent fresh supply.
One Shell station along Jalan Damansara shut down 10 pumps due to lack of petrol.
Shell Petrol Dealers Association chairman Datuk Hashim Othman confirmed that the problem was most severe in the Klang Valley with many motorists filling up their tanks before starting on their outstation journeys.
“Many dealers refused to increase their stocks because of the price cut.”
“Dealers are also having problems replenishing their stocks due to slow delivery of fuel due to the festive season, and the wide network of Shell stations,’’ he said.
A Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd spokesman said the company was restoring supply at the affected stations and expected the situation to normalise by tomorrow.
“A number of our retail stations are experiencing a shortage of petrol. This is primarily caused by the exceptional surge in demand soon after the price cut and also people filling up their tanks for Hari Raya and the holidays,” she said in a statement yesterday.
Petroleum Dealers’ Association of Malaysia president Abdul Wahid Bidin said the petrol storage at the affected stations was limited and would last until after Hari Raya.
“Petrol station operators would normally keep a supply of seven to eight days before Hari Raya during previous years but most of the petrol stations are only keeping a three-day supply this year.
“This is because they were trying to avoid facing losses following the reduction in fuel prices.
“Demand for petrol was very low last week after news surfaced that the Government would reduce the petrol price,” he said.
He said all petrol stations would stock around 200,000 litres each day and had to face losses of RM20,000 after the Government cut the fuel price by 10sen.
“If dealers were to keep seven days’ supply, they would lose RM140,000 each,” he said.
Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Samad, when informed of the shortage, said petrol dealers should not blame the Government and the decision to reduce petrol prices for the petrol shortage.
He said that petrol dealers should have anticipated the increased demand for petrol for Hari Raya and managed their supplies accordingly.
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Balik kampung rush badly hit as pumps run dry in KL Empty Re: Balik kampung rush badly hit as pumps run dry in KL

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:47 am

oh shit....i not yet isi minyak and got only quater tank.....

hehehe.....too expensive to fix ngv...

Back to top Go down

Balik kampung rush badly hit as pumps run dry in KL Empty Re: Balik kampung rush badly hit as pumps run dry in KL

Post by Pollathavan Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:40 pm

Mine is in E now...light also blinking blinking redi
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:08 pm

Pollathavan wrote:Mine is in E now...light also blinking blinking redi

hehehe...."E" is for Enough....."F" is for finish!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollathavan Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:22 am

Great
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum