Vivek gets his wish

Go down

Vivek gets his wish Empty Vivek gets his wish

Post by Pollathavan on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:53 am

PUTRAJAYA: When Tamilnadu’s famed comedian A. Vivekanandan received a surprise call from Putrajaya granting his request to meet former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, he boarded the next plane to Kuala Lumpur without a second thought.

The popular comedian, better known as Vivek, arrived from Chennai yesterday morning and headed straight for the Perdana Leadership Foundation here to meet a man he most admired.
“Meeting Dr Mahathir is a dream come true. I compare him with (Dr APJ) Abdul Kalam (India’s former president).
“I have admired him from afar and have read a lot about him and the development he had brought to Malaysia.
“I have been waiting to see him for the last three years,” he said, adding that he missed an appointment three years ago when he was filming in Ipoh due to a massive traffic jam.
“Last month, I made another appointment to see him when I was filming here but he was not well and when I suddenly got a call yesterday, I came straight over,” he said, adding that he was now busy acting in five films.
Vivek, who presented Dr Mahathir with a Tanjore Plate made of copper and silver and a miniature Taj Mahal, was especially impressed with Dr Mahathir’s reply on what drove him.
“He immediately said that it was his love for the nation,” he said, adding that he would treasure the 30 minutes with Dr Mahathir forever.
Vivek had also asked the former Malaysian prime minister to autograph a book.

Do I really, really need a signature here? Is it legal and binding under the Malaysian Digital Signature Act? Holy cow...if I put a signature here and post something wrongly, I can kena sued
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Vivek gets his wish Empty Re: Vivek gets his wish

Post by Maya on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:12 am

this was already posted yesterday morning at 10:16am under local underground news.

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 5106
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum