Naan Avan Illai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indians want Tamil announcements at airports

4 posters

Go down

Indians want Tamil announcements at airports Empty Indians want Tamil announcements at airports

Post by kuttygal Tue May 26, 2009 10:44 am

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/5/26/nation/3978447&sec=nation

MANY Indians are unhappy that there is no announcement in Tamil at the international airports around the country.
Malaysia Nanban reported that the community also complained that the television news readers had failed to promote Indian culture through their dressing and that deejays on radio channels, especially Thr. Raaga, were not fluent in Tamil.
These issues were highlighted to Human Resources Minister Datuk Dr S. Subramaniam at a function organised by the Malaysia Tamil Youth Bell Club recently.
In his speech, Subramaniam, who agreed to bring the matter up to the Government, said television and radio channels should use proper Tamil in their programmes.
He said the influence of Western media and culture among the community’s youths had resulted in the lack of support for the community’s own religious and cultural programmes, adding that Indian organisations should act to preserve the Tamil language.
Subramaniam, who is also MIC secretary-general, said the party had urged the Government to include religious studies as a subject in Tamil schools as a way of inculcating moral values in Indian schoolchildren.
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Indians want Tamil announcements at airports Empty Re: Indians want Tamil announcements at airports

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 am

well there are also many indians in London Airport, US airport, Canadian Airport and many more....

Are they also doing announcements in tamil? hindi?

Back to top Go down

Indians want Tamil announcements at airports Empty Re: Indians want Tamil announcements at airports

Post by kuttygal Tue May 26, 2009 11:10 am

don knw..havent been ter yet..
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 11:20 am

well they don't .....

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollathavan Tue May 26, 2009 2:40 pm

The writer should hv stoped with airport issue or add other relavent issues. THR Raage is the only interesting channel which will not make you sleepy unlike the one by RTM...silly village people!
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kuttygal Tue May 26, 2009 3:36 pm

vidunga, polla...he probably needs to reach his 500 word count..hehehe
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollathavan Tue May 26, 2009 3:50 pm

He thinks he is writin essay competition ke
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kuttygal Tue May 26, 2009 3:59 pm

probably..if no wat airport got to do wit radio n school..
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 5:34 pm

i got no idea bout that one

Back to top Go down

Post by Priya Thu May 28, 2009 5:07 am

kuttygal wrote:Subramaniam, who is also MIC secretary-general, said the party had urged the Government to include religious studies as a subject in Tamil schools as a way of inculcating moral values in Indian schoolchildren.
why dont they have a Tamil class in sek keb?
Priya
Priya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 10:40 am

there are some. So called sekolah wawasan.

Back to top Go down

Post by kuttygal Thu May 28, 2009 10:47 am

priya, its not tamil language lesson but religious lesson..
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 10:58 am

can they also include Silambattam inside. hehehe

Back to top Go down

Post by kuttygal Thu May 28, 2009 11:12 am

don think so..expensive to bring Simbhu here...
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 11:16 am

heheheh. i am talking about the martial art. he does not own it. infact he is lousy at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2Pac Thu May 28, 2009 12:34 pm

they dont expect the THR people to talk in proper tamil rite... if like this than no one will listen to radio..... this is not India.. this is Malaysia.
2Pac
2Pac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male Number of posts : 838
Location : Pee Jay, Subang, Puchong, KJ, Damansara, KLCC, Bkt Jalil, Sri Petaling and some say in Seremban
Job/hobbies : Cars.. Cars... and Cars...
Humor : Call me to find out....
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 12:41 pm

sentamizh? solly la.....u think everyone in malaysia understands that?

Back to top Go down

Post by 2Pac Thu May 28, 2009 12:57 pm

security hazzard wrote:sentamizh? solly la.....u think everyone in malaysia understands that?

yup thats my point.. i dun care about senthamizh... and dun give a sh*t for it Razz
2Pac
2Pac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male Number of posts : 838
Location : Pee Jay, Subang, Puchong, KJ, Damansara, KLCC, Bkt Jalil, Sri Petaling and some say in Seremban
Job/hobbies : Cars.. Cars... and Cars...
Humor : Call me to find out....
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 28, 2009 1:42 pm

we all are hip hop tamizhan.!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down