Brother-in-law of Ajith

Go down

Brother-in-law of Ajith Empty Brother-in-law of Ajith

Post by swatika on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Brother-in-law of Ajith Files11
Life isn’t easy for Rishi just because he is the brother-in-law of Ajith.
The actor has had to undergo many changes ever since he made his debut with Kadhal Virus. The latest being the rechristening of his name from Richard to Rishi.
The actor, who is a popular face in Tollywood, is still looking for a break in Tamil. Rishi spoke to News Today at Ooty, where he was shooting for En Ippadi Mayakkinai, directed by Sillunu Oru Kadhal fame Krishna.
Interestingly, this is the first time the actor has spoken to a newspaper in the past two-and-half years.
‘I was into modeling initially. Director Kadhir saw me on a ramp show and offered me the lead role in Kadhal Virus. Before that, I did a few films as a child artist, thanks to my sisters Shalini and Shamili, who were busy then.’
Was it the poor show of Kadhal Virus that prompted Rishi to enter Tollywood? ‘Certainly not. My connection with the Telugu film industry dates back to the early 90s. I was a child artist in Chiranjeevi starrer Jagadeka Veerudu Atiloka Sundari and a few other movies. And when I got offers to act in lead roles, I was not ready to turn them down. Thankfully, my films clicked in Andhra Pradesh.
But why this name change? ‘The name of my character in a Telugu film was Rishi. Since then, I have been known as Rishi in Tollywood. I like the new name and want to continue with it in Tamil too.’
Rishi also runs a DVD rental store - Cinema Paradiso - with his friends. He recently opened its branch in Hyderabad too.
On his brother-in-law Ajith, Rishi says, ‘he is a source of inspiration for me. He had no backing and it was his self confidence that propelled him to great heights in filmdom. I want to act with Ajith. But, I would like to prove myself before sharing screen space with my sister’s husband. Without doing that, there is no point in acting with him.
What is he doing to fulfill his dreams? ‘I am currently acting in Thamizhagam and En Ippadi Mayakkinai, both backed by strong scripts. I play a police officer in Thamizhagam while En Ippadi... is a musical thriller.
In the movie I play a salsa teacher, who has to face some travails in life. Director Krishna is shaping up the movie in an interesting way. You can see a new Rishi after the film is released.
swatika
swatika
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum