Rajinikanth and Shankar are teaming up again

Go down

Rajinikanth and Shankar are teaming up again Empty Rajinikanth and Shankar are teaming up again

Post by ^Dark^Rose on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:43 pm

It’s official now. Actor Rajinikanth and director Shankar are teaming up again for ‘Robot’, after the success of Sivaji- The Boss.

According to a press release, the film will be jointly produced by Ayngaran International and Erose International in three languages- Tamil and Telugu and Hindi.

Robot will have the music by A R Rahman with leading actors and actresses sharing the screen with Rajinikanth.

The release added that it had been planned to make the movie with a whopping budget which Indian cinema had never seen before.

Ayngaran International is a household name among NRIs, as the firm had distributed more than 1,500 films overseas.

Eros International has distributed Bollywood blockbusters like Devadas, Munnabhai MBBS, Om Shanthi Om and Partner.

It may be recalled that Shankar earlier planned to direct the movie with Sharukh Khan in the lead. However, due to unavoidable reasons, the project was dropped.
^Dark^Rose
^Dark^Rose

Female Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Rajinikanth and Shankar are teaming up again Empty Re: Rajinikanth and Shankar are teaming up again

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:36 pm

I thought it was supposed to be Kamal in this movie called Robot?

Back to top Go down

Rajinikanth and Shankar are teaming up again Empty Re: Rajinikanth and Shankar are teaming up again

Post by ^Dark^Rose on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:51 pm

I guess no.. cause even in THR Raaga they mentioned about "Robot" and "Rajini"...
^Dark^Rose
^Dark^Rose

Female Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:35 pm

aiyo mr. rajini, stay at home and jaga cucu la... kadu vaa vaanguthu, vidu po ponggethe... hmmm...

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 5106
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkman on Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:44 am

It’s official now. The mystery that surrounded superstar Rajini Kanth’s next project and Shankar’s Robot has finally been divulged with production houses Ayngaran International and Eros Multimedia officially announcing that the superstar will star in their next production venture.

The project, Robot, will mean that the trio Rajini-Shankar-Rahman will join hands yet again to recreate the Sivaji magic.

Robot has earlier been in the verge of commencement with Shah Rukh in the lead, however, it died a natural death with opinion differences cropping between Shankar and the Bollywood Badshah.

Robot, the producers claim, is a mammoth venture and will be produced in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and other regional languages. Shankar is said to be finalizing technicians for the visual effects extravaganza, the official announcement of which will be out soon.

As for the superstar, news from reliable sources state that he will feature in a short-duration project produced by Balachander’s Kavithalaya pictures and directed by P. Vasu before Robot’s commencement.
Darkman
Darkman
Newbies
Newbies

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollathavan on Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:09 pm

Rajnikanth is Will Smith!=...sounds kool!

Do I really, really need a signature here? Is it legal and binding under the Malaysian Digital Signature Act? Holy cow...if I put a signature here and post something wrongly, I can kena sued
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:43 pm

Pollathavan wrote:Rajnikanth is Will Smith!=...sounds kool!

Rajini is not Will Smith! Kamal has the talent of Will Smith. How long we need to pretend Rajini is looking young, dancing well, stout body and talking fluent tamil? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:50 pm

billi2007 wrote:aiyo mr. rajini, stay at home and jaga cucu la... kadu vaa vaanguthu, vidu po ponggethe... hmmm...

I agree. Namakku puriyarathu inthe oor makkalukku theriyalaiye? Ellam ulagam azhiyappore arukuri!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollathavan on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Well, what I meant was Will Smith acted in a movie called I-Robot and now Rajnikanth acting in a tamil movie called Robot.

Do I really, really need a signature here? Is it legal and binding under the Malaysian Digital Signature Act? Holy cow...if I put a signature here and post something wrongly, I can kena sued
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kadepaare Kanthan on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:38 pm

More news on Robot

After a dream debut with Bollywood ‘Badshaah’ Shah Rukh Khan in ‘Om Shanti Om’, Deepika Padukone appears set to storm the south with a possible role opposite Tamil superstar Rajinikanth in the big-budget film ‘Robot’.Padukone’s name is ‘on the top of the list of contenders for heroine’ in the Rs 100-crore venture by director Shankar, sources in the film production unit here said.
Shankar, who directed last year’s runaway hit ‘Sivaji - The Boss’ also starring Rajinikanth, has already teamed up with the style icon and renowned music composer AR Rehman.The 22-year-old model-turned-actress has received the Star Screen award for ‘most promising newcomer’ and Stardust ‘Superstar of Tomorrow’ award.
Going by the mantra that actresses make a dent in Kollywood after starring opposite Rajinikanth or Kamal Hassan, the media began the buzz about Deepika acting in ‘Robot’. The speculation earlier was that Shah Rukh Khan would play the lead in the film, to be made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, before Shankar succeeded in getting the Tamil matinee idol to agree.
Kadepaare Kanthan
Kadepaare Kanthan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 1511
Job/hobbies : Computer, Football & AXN
Humor : Hav u checked my name??

Back to top Go down

Post by novinthen on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:40 pm

Well , whether u hate him or love him , his movie is sure to rock the theatres ;-) . Athan Ra-G-Ni
novinthen
novinthen

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by novinthen on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Even a animation movie will be a blockbuster ;-) and surely will break most of the normal movie records.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/tamil-movie-trailers-2/sultan.html
novinthen
novinthen

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Maya on Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:11 pm

fyi novin, i dun like him. i only like my bro, ajith lol!

Maya
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Female Number of posts : 5106
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum