Jodha Akbar – ban spreads to other states!

Go down

Jodha Akbar – ban spreads to other states! Empty Jodha Akbar – ban spreads to other states!

Post by Pollathavan on Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Jodha Akbar – ban spreads to other states! Jodhaa10

After having been banned from the screens of Rajasthan following protests from the Rajputs sect who opposed its content, Jodha Akbar is also facing resistance from Madhya Pradesh now. The BJP led government stated that the movie has been taken off the screens in Madhya Pradesh for fear of threat to the law and order situation in the state. Last heard, the movie is also being taken off the screens in some of the theatres in Punjab and Bihar.

However, Jodha’s distributors are not taking the turn of events lightly and have approached the Madhya Pradesh high court seeking to lift the ban on the movie from being screened in the state. UTV’s spokesperson is also quoted saying that they are ready to take the case even to Supreme Court.

It is significant to note that Jodha Akbar has been given a clean chit by the Censor Board without any cuts.

Do I really, really need a signature here? Is it legal and binding under the Malaysian Digital Signature Act? Holy cow...if I put a signature here and post something wrongly, I can kena sued
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum