Naan Avan Illai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mothers-in-law are the chief cause of divorce

3 posters

Go down

Mothers-in-law are the chief cause of divorce Empty Mothers-in-law are the chief cause of divorce

Post by kuttygal Wed May 27, 2009 10:51 am

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2009/5/27/nation/3984715&sec=nation

KUALA LUMPUR: Every married person knows it, but a local study has confirmed it – mothers-in-law are the chief cause of divorces, especially in the Indian community.
Data in the Malaysia Community and Family Study 2004 by the National Population and Family Development Board (LPPKN) revealed that “meddlesome in-laws” is the number one reason why Indian couples get divorced.
It is also among the top three factors for divorce among the Malays and Chinese. The other two factors are incompatibility (42.3%) and infidelity (12%).
“Interference by in-laws is the main reason for Indians to divorce. It is the top-ranked reason at 30%,” said LPPKN director-general Datuk Aminah Abdul Rahman when presenting a paper on Malaysia’s family profile and its effects at Institut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia yesterday.
Infidelity is the marriage breaker among the Malays and Indians but it is tolerated among the Chinese.
“Among Malays, the second most common reason is infidelity and refusal to put up with polygamy,” she said.
“Among the Indians, infidelity is the second highest ranked reason for divorce at 25%,” she said.
However, the Chinese considered infidelity as the least crucial reason for a divorce.
Cheating was at the bottom along with health and gambling addiction at 4.2%.
Surprisingly, abuse is not a reason for divorce among the Malays and Chinese, but is a reason among Indians at 5%.
“Another overall reason which ranked high among the three races at 11.5% is ‘not being responsible’,” she said.
Although it is common perception that the family institution is quite fragile and divorces are rampant, data shows otherwise - only 0.7% of the population was divorced in 2000.
The data shows that divorce is more likely to happen to those under 25 and above 40.
Meanwhile, Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil said that more Malaysian women were choosing to marry later in life and it could cause a reduction in fertility rate and an ageing society.
“The National Family Policy and its action plan will address this issue of late marriages,” she said.
The policy would be presented to the Cabinet soon.
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Female Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Mothers-in-law are the chief cause of divorce Empty Re: Mothers-in-law are the chief cause of divorce

Post by 2Pac Wed May 27, 2009 3:09 pm

hahahahaha....if u ask me i would say 'mulut' is the first cause for divorce Razz
2Pac
2Pac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male Number of posts : 838
Location : Pee Jay, Subang, Puchong, KJ, Damansara, KLCC, Bkt Jalil, Sri Petaling and some say in Seremban
Job/hobbies : Cars.. Cars... and Cars...
Humor : Call me to find out....
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Mothers-in-law are the chief cause of divorce Empty Re: Mothers-in-law are the chief cause of divorce

Post by Pollathavan Wed May 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Mulut of MIL or Wife ?
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 2Pac Wed May 27, 2009 3:34 pm

hahaha.. for guys it will be the mulut of Wife and MIL.. for girls it will be mulut of husband and MIL and Neighbour and maid and aunty and uncle and friends and dogs and..... the list goes on
2Pac
2Pac
VIP Member
VIP Member

Male Number of posts : 838
Location : Pee Jay, Subang, Puchong, KJ, Damansara, KLCC, Bkt Jalil, Sri Petaling and some say in Seremban
Job/hobbies : Cars.. Cars... and Cars...
Humor : Call me to find out....
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollathavan Wed May 27, 2009 3:37 pm

True....K9's also kena hah....
Pollathavan
Pollathavan
GodFather - Lord of NAI
GodFather - Lord of NAI

Male Number of posts : 3594
Job/hobbies : Bharathanathyam & Kung Fu
Humor : Me Dun Hv Any Humor. Me Serious!
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kuttygal Wed May 27, 2009 4:23 pm

but i would say ta cause lies in the couple itself...
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Just wondering....how qualified is Sharizat to give out these statements?

Back to top Go down

Post by kuttygal Wed May 27, 2009 5:16 pm

probably shes one of ta victim..on ta verge of deciding 2 divorce or not.. Very Happy
kuttygal
kuttygal
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 5:21 pm

hahaha....she? victim? look at her face and think for 2 minutes and tell me again....i am quite sure who ever married her is at the verge of committing suicide with a fork!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down